Commercial Combined Insurance

This is the most appropriate insurance to arrange when a business is exposed to a wider range of risks than normal. It provides a wide range of covers under one policy.

Having all the cover under one policy makes administration easier as there is only one renewal date. This type of policy also ensures there are no gaps in cover.

The policy can provide cover for material damage, business interruption, liability (employers, public and products), goods in transit, and money amongst others.

Examples of other optional covers that may possibly be included are terrorism cover, legal expenses and engineering inspection.

Motor Fleet Insurance

We can arrange a motor fleet insurance for a business with only 2 vehicles to a business with over 100 vehicles. Insuring all of your vehicles under one fleet policy makes sense from an administrative point of view as there is only one renewal date and the cover, use and drivers are usually the same for all the vehicles insured under the policy. It is also possible to include a 24/7 motor claims helpline.

Should a non-fault claim occur you will often be provided with a courtesy vehicle while your vehicle is being repaired.

Most vehicles can be covered under a motor fleet insurance – from cars to large HGV’s, trailers and special type vehicles such as fork lift trucks.

Driving is usually on an any driver cover basis although we can obtain quotations for named drivers only for smaller fleets which are often provided at discounted rates.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

If you provide professional advice as part of your business and a third party suffer financially as a result of poor or negligent advice, you could find yourselves open to a Professional Indemnity claim. Professional Indemnity Insurance would help meet the legal costs of defending the claim, as well as the cost of any damage awarded against you in court, or as part of an out-of-court settlement.

Many professional companies have bought Professional Indemnity Insurance for years such as Accountants, Solicitors, Surveyors, Architects and IT Consultants. Over recent years it has become more common for other professional advisors to obtain Professional Indemnity Insurance such as Management Consultants and Marketing Consultants.

Contractors Liability Insurance

This insurance covers you as a contractor within the construction industry or allied trade for Public and Employers Liability Insurance under one combined policy.

Cover can be extended further to include additional covers such as:-

  • Contract Works – including fixed and unfixed materials on site, stock, temporary site buildings
  • Own Plant
  • Hired in Plant including continuing hire charges
  • Employees tools

Cyber Liability Insurance

Cyber crime is the fastest growing crime in the world but most events will not be covered under a standard public liability policy. Cyber Insurance can provide crime cover for a wide range of electronic perils that are increasingly threatening the financial resources of businesses.

Your business could be vulnerable to a data breach or loss of vital business services if you:

  • Hold sensitive customer details such as names and addresses or banking information
  • Are reliant on computer systems to conduct your business
  • Have a website
  • Are subject to a payment card industry (PCI) merchant services agreement

Covers that can be arranged under a Cyber Liability Insurance Policy include:

  • Breach costs – including forensic investigations, legal advice and credit monitoring for affected customers
  • Crisis Containment – communication via a public relations firm to help minimise any reputational damage
  • Cyber business interruption – compensation for loss of income caused by damage, loss caused by damage to reputation or if a hacker targets your systems and prevents your business from earning revenue.
  • Cyber extortion – protection if a hacker tries to hold your business to ransom, with any final ransom to be paid with help from a consultancy firm to help manage the situation
  • Hacker damage – costs of repair, restoration or replacement if a hacker causes damage to your websites, programmes or electronic data

Pubs, Bars and Restaurants Insurance

You will need specialist insurance if you operate in the licenced trade sector which we are able to provide under a package type policy.

Typically cover will include:

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Stock (including seasonal increases)
  • Business Interruption
  • Employers Liability
  • Public and Products Liability

Retailers Insurance

We are able to arrange cover from a café to a network of high street stores under a comprehensive insurance package to cover all your insurance needs.

Typically we are able to arrange cover for:

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Stock (including seasonal increases)
  • Business Interruption
  • Employers Liability
  • Public and Products Liability
  • Money
  • Glass
  • Goods in Transit
  • Legal Expenses

Directors & Officers Insurance

This cover provides protection for a director or a person in a position of authority from being sued personally for the actions of the company. Without this cover the personal assets of the individual can be at risk.

If a third party such as a customer, supplier, employee or anyone else suffers a financial loss as a result of the actions of your company, they may try to sue the company and/or a director or officer of the company to recover their losses. The director/officer may be innocent of any wrongdoing but legal costs would still be incurred as a result of any action brought. This is where Directors & Officers Liability Insurance can provide the protection against this type of claim.

A third party is more likely to pursue the company rather than an individual, however if that claim is unsuccessful the owners, directors or senior partners can be next in line. The potential for the claims can be severe and an individual’s personal assets can be at risk including their home and savings.

Personal Lines

If you want a simple way to compare great value Personal Insurance Cover and get a Policy that best suits your needs, then try The Marketplace.

The Marketplace is a Personal Lines Insurance comparison site that offers some of the most competitive products on the market for:

  • Car
  • Home
  • Van
  • Pet
  • Motorbike
  • Bicycle
  • Travel
  • Breakdown

If you do need the assistance of an insurance broker, or if you have non-standard or complex insurance requirements, please get in touch and we can work with you directly.

Kay Insurance is not responsible for the content of ‘Marketplace’ and the content should not be considered insurance advice or a recommendation from us. Kay Insurance is an introducer to ‘Marketplace’, therefore will be unable to administer any insurance policies or products purchased, including the management of claims.